Create a beautiful 8x10" canvas with the overlay stencil included in the Sunflowers Lite collection!
1. Stamp an 8x10" sheet of paper with the large collage image from the Jumbo UM stamp sheet and adhere to the canvas. Later, when wiping away some black paint, the stamped images will create a subtle background.
2. Stencil several sunflowers onto the canvas with modeling paste. Allow the paste to dry and apply four additional layers to build dimension. (Paste must be dry between each layer.)
3. Build additional layers of paste within the center area of the sunflower, as desired.
4. Apply a coat of black acrylic paint to the canvas with a foam brush. Rub some of the paint away with a paper towel or rag.
5. Paint the raised sunflower areas with yellow acrylic. (No need to be an "artist". Simply follow the stenciled shape.)
6. Freehand painted leaves onto the sunflowers.
7. Stencil the center of the sunflower with brown acrylic paint.
8. Outline the center with additional brown paint.
9. Outline the flower petals with a white gel pen.
10. Freehand more accents onto the petals, leaves, and center with the gel pen.
11. Wrap a ribbon around the bottom of the canvas and staple to the back.
12. Stamp a sentiment onto a miniature chalkboard sign with White Pigment ink.
13. Place the canvas on an easel and present to a friend who's crazy about sunflowers. (I just happen to have one!)
Don't forget to pick up your Sunflowers stencil today. If you are a Lite member, it was included in your kit!
Live life in full bloom!