It shouldn't take long to transform your twelve sheets of 8.5x11 paper included in the Lakes Club Stamp kit into twelve beautiful cards!
Begin by trimming and scoring as follows . . .
1. Score the 8.5x11 White Plain, 8.5x11 Dark Teal Plain, (2) 8.5x11 Light Teal Prints and (2) 8.5x11 Mint Plains vertically at 4.25". (Scoring first saves time later.) Trim horizontally at 5.5". Fold along all score lines to create twelve card bases.
2. Trim one 8.5x11 White Text Weight Print vertically at 5 and 3.5". Cut each 3.5x11 horizontally at 6.25 and 4.75".
3. Trim on 8.5x11 White Text Weight Print vertically at 4.25". Cut each 4.25x11 horizontally at 5.5". Use origami folding techniques to create four paper "boats" with each 4.25x5.5" sheet. Find helpful folding tips HERE.
4. Trim one 8.5x11 Dark Teal Plain horizontally at 10.5 and 5.25". Cut one 5.25x8.5 horizontally at 8, 4 and 2". Trim the other 5.25x8.5 horizontally at 8 and 4".
5. Using a ruler as a guide, or working "freestyle," tear away the outside edges from each 8.5x11 Translucent Plain. Tear into four equally-sized sections.
6. Trim one 8.5x11 White Plain horizontally at 7.5 and 4.75". Cut the 4.75x8.5 horizontally at 8, 7 and 3.5". Trim the 1x4.75 horizontally at 2.5". Cut the 2.75x8.5 horizontally at 6.5, 4.5 and 2.25". Trim the 3.5x8.5 horizontally at 7.5 and 4". Cut the 3.5x4 vertically at 1.75". Trim the 3.5x3.5 horizontally at 1.75". Cut the 1x3.5 horizontally at 2.5".
7. Stamp images from the Lakes Collection UM (included in the Club Stamp kit) onto the designated pieces with India Black ink. (The single fly fish image is from the Art Nouveau UM sheet.)
Once everything is stamped and prepped, it's time to assemble!
Each origami boat made from the text weight print makes a great addition to this set of four cards. They are dimensional but will mail nice and flat.
The grosgrain ribbon and iridescent sequins make a lovely addition to the Light Teal Print card base.
Teal glitter glue was added to the stamped collage image. The map image from the Borders & Backgrounds UM was stamped onto the Dark Teal matte with White Pigment ink.
Since I had glitter glue handy, I used it as a glue to adhere the little round sequins in each corner of the cards below.
Trim out the stamped canoe image and sponge with Ocean ink.
Remember . . . the trimming and assembly instructions for the Club Stamp cards are only suggestions. Take the ball and run with it as inspiration strikes!