Make a Mini Folded Pocket Album with the very sweet Club Stamp Cherry Blossoms collection.
The finished size of this book is 2.25 x 4.25 x 1.25". It's even smaller than the one I made with the Deluxe Collection. Click HERE to view the original version.
The smaller dimensions bring on a whole new level of cuteness. Using the Quad Club Stamp Print gives the illusion of a more complicated fold on the inside pages, but it's easy as pie.
Follow these steps to make the Mini Pocket Book:
1. Tear 1.5″ from both long edges of five 8.5 x 11" Quad Prints to create five 8 x 8.5″ pieces.
2. With the torn edge at the top, score at 2-1/8, 4-1/4 and 6-3/8″.
3. Rotate the paper and score at 4″.
4. Place the grid ruler from the center score line to the first 2.125″ score line and tear away the corner. Repeat for the three remaining corners.
5. Fold pointed ends in.
6. Invert and fold in half as shown.
7. Fold in half again.
8. Repeat for all five pages.
1. Cut one .75 x 4.25″ Book Board Spine and two 2.25 x 4.25″ Book Board Covers. Place the spine horizontally. Measure and mark at .50, 1, 3.25 and 3.75″ with a grid ruler and pencil.
2. Place the spine vertically. Measure 1/4″ from the left edge and hashmark the intersecting point at the top and bottom guideline. Move the ruler 1/2″ from the left edge and mark the top and bottom guideline at the intersecting point. Measure and mark the inner guidelines at 1/8, 3/8, and 5/8″.
3. Pierce a stitching hole into each intersecting marked area to create a total of ten holes.
4. Place one prepared inside page on the spine, aligned with the first set of vertical stitching holes. Mark the location of the holes onto the page.
5. Transfer the stitching holes for the first page onto two additional pages for a total of three.
6. Align the folded edge of a pocket page with the second column of pierced holes on the spine and mark the location of the holes. Pierce holes in that location on two remaining inside pocket pages.
7. Trim a 8 x 6.25″ outside cover wrap. Adhere the book board covers and spine to the wrap, leaving a 1/4″ gutter between the spine and covers and a 1″ lip on the outside edges.
8. Transfer the pierced stitching holes through to the outside cover wrap. Wrap the paper flaps around the boards.
9. Adhere a 5.5 ×4″ Purple paper to the inside cover.
10. Pierce the stitching holes through to the purple inside cover.
1. Thread a needle with waxed linen and pamphlet stitch each page to the corresponding holes in the binding.
2. Trim thread tails after the knot is made on the inside of the page.
3. Continue adding pages in the same fashion, lining up the correct pages with the corresponding stitching holes.
Yay! The book construction is almost complete!
4. Fill the inside pockets with 2.50 x 3.75" photos.
1. Cut a .75 x 7.5" strip of Purple, wrap around the book and adhere ends.
2. Adhere a 1.5″ punched circle behind the belt seam and a 1″ punched circle on the front to finish off the belt.
3. Embellish with a hand cut heart and Lite Woodcut Birds.
It's adorable and holds a lot of photos and memorabilia.
It's your turn to “pocket” this idea and get started on your own book with the Cherry Blossoms collection.