Assembly Line Scrapbooking, aka ALSB, uses clever and efficient cutting instructions that help create layouts with very few scraps.
Fun Fact - Tricia creates two sets of ALSB instructions (for both Deluxe and Lite kits) and they are FREE for everyone, not just members. She also makes cutting instructions for our card making kits, too!
If you are like me, you want to
hoard savor every last bit of the paper in your kit. Follow these steps to incorporate the remaining scraps into a fun card.
Due to the layering techniques used in the ALSB process, we can glean additional papers from the layouts that are hidden beneath the layers. You'll never miss them!
1. Outline the perimeter of the 12x7.75" Lt.Turquoise print onto the back of the Lt. Green 12x12" background paper, prior to assembling Transformations Deluxe layout
2. Make sure the outline is in the exact position the piece will reside on the front of the layout. Note: the pencil lines will only be marked along the long sides.
2. Position the clear acrylic grid ruler at 1/2" inside the pencil line perimeter and cut with a craft knife. Note: The short sides will follow the outside edge of the 12x12 paper and will not be marked by pencil lines.
3. Repeat these steps for the 8.5x11" Dk. Teal print and 12x12" Eggshell background paper in Layout 10.
4. Cut the three 3.5" Hammered Silver paper square mattes used in Layouts 9, 13 and 14 . Mark 1/2" from the outside edges of each square and cut along the lines to remove a square from the center.
My pile of leftovers has grown!
Create a card:
1. Trim the 7.5x10" Eggshell piece from step 3 horizontally at 8.5". Cut the 7.5x8.5" vertically at 5.5". Score horizontally at 4.25" to create a folded card base.
2. Cut the 7.5x11" Lt. Green from step 1 horizontally at 4". Trim the 4x7.5 horizontally at 5.25" to make a panel for the card. 3. Stamp the tile image (UM Art Nouveau) onto the Lt. Green panel with a combination of Moss and Ocean Inks. Distress the edges of the paper with Ocean Ink.
4. Follow Tricia's instructions HERE to make the faux bamboo. Trim the 1/2" Lt. Green pieces vertically in half to make the bamboo stalks. Cut bamboo leaf shapes from a Lt. Green scrap colored with Moss Ink. Apply ink directly to the paper from the ink pad with swiping motions.
5. Trim the Hammered Silver paper leftovers into five 1" squares.
6. Attach sheer ribbon, leftover strips, and faux bamboo to the Eggshell panel. Stamp the sentiment (UM Borders and Backgrounds) with Ocean Ink.
7. Embellish with a coconut shell button and fiber. Let's take another look at the finished card.