Last month I shared cards and pages I created from A Baby is Bjorn. In honor of St. Patrick's Day approaching, I decided to try a mash-up with the It's a Plaid, Plaid World collection. I couldn't be more thrilled with the results!
Of course a bit of tweaking was necessary to create four pages and nine cards from the collection. To get started, set aside the following six papers: one Green Plaid Print, one Blue Plaid Print, two Yellow, one Light Green and one Dark Green Plain. We’ll get to those later.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE FOUR PAGES
1. Download the It's a Plaid, Plaid World page kit instructions.
2. Trim Cutparts according to the diagrams. File only pieces intended for Layout 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. Set remaining Cutapart artwork aside.
3. Trim one Dark Green Plain at 11.75, 10.25, 8.75, and 6". Cut the 6x12 horizontally at 8 and 4". Trim the 2.75x12 horizontally at 8.25".
4. Trim the Blue Plaid Print at 10 and 7". Cut the 7x12 horizontally at 10". Score the 7x10 horizontally at 5".
5. Assemble Layouts 1 & 2 according to the instructions. NOTE: Since the 2.75x8.25 piece is smaller than the original, it will be off-set behind the Cutapart on Layout 1. Add the blue shamrock Cutapart in place of the .75x5.75 Dark Green Plain.
6. Assemble Layouts 3 & 4 according to the instructions, substituting the 4x6 Dark Green for Light Green. Trim the 3.5x3.5 Yellow Plain from a Yellow photo mat. Add a third 4x6 Dark Green to upper right corner of Layout 4 (under ticket).
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE EIGHT GREETING CARDS
1. Download Tricia’s 12×12 Bonus Card Formula.
2. Assign three of the six 12×12 papers you set aside earlier as paper A, B and C.
3. Trim papers according to instructions and assemble cards as shown. 4. Decorate with remaining ribbons, Cutaparts, and embellishments from the collection. Add stamped sentiments as desired.
Card Set #1:
- Paper A = Green Plaid Print
- Paper B = Yellow Plain
- Paper C = Light Green Plain
Fussy-cut shamrocks from Cutaparts and adhere with foam adhesive circles.
Card Set #2:
- Paper A = Blue Plaid Print
- Paper B = Dark Green Plain
- Paper C = Yellow Plain
Trim a shamrock from the Cutaparts using a craft knife. Cut a slit so it interlocks with a Clover tag as shown.
- 7x10" Blue Plaid Print, scored and folded at 5"
- Dark Green Photo Mat
- 2x7" Blue Plaid Print (blank side)
Mix and match page and card formulas with any of our Page or Special Edition kits for similar results.