One Layer Layout Technique with Pattern Play
This month's Artist Team Just One Layer
Challenge inspired me to create this one layer layout with Pattern Play
White Plain paper
, and stamps
As I made my way along the artist team blog hop featuring the one layer challenge
, Lisa's technique from Rock Paper Scissors And Glue
really caught my eye and inspired my layout.
Create a soft background with inks, rubber stamping, and a simple stenciled border.
Steps to make a one layer layout:
- Apply Spruce, Moss, Sapphire, Ruby and Ash Hybrid Inks directly from the pad onto a non-stick craft sheet.
2. Spray generously with water.
3. Press a sheet of 12x12" Pattern Play White Plain onto the moistened inks. Allow the paper to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
4. Create a colorful border along the bottom edge of the page with the Lite Stencil
5. Mask a 5.5x7.5" area with a piece of scrap paper. Place over the featured photo location and swipe colors around the make with a CS® Ink Applicator
6. Add stamped sentiments with the same ink color palette.
Add journaling to complete the page.
I really enjoyed creating my one layer layout and could make one every month with our stencils and stamps. I love challenges that stretch my creativity. Join in the fun and make one, as well!
Thank you for stopping by,
« Back to Blog