This mini accordion hinge book is fun-sized at 3.5x4.5" and packs a ton of real estate for photos and notes. Make two: give one, keep one!
Watch the helpful video tutorial, and use the instructions below to refresh your memory of the steps.
Scoring, Folding and Trimming
1. Fold all 4.5x7" White pages in half and burnish creases with a bone folder.
3. Cut from one pierced hole to the other with a craft knife and cutting mat. Set White pages aside.
4. Accordion fold the 7.5x9" Green strip horizontally into "nearly-one-inch" sections. (Do not score; the finished folds will be slightly larger than 1".)
5. Open the accordion folded piece and trim vertically at 5 and 2.5", cutting across the creases, to create three long strips.
6. Connect the strips end to end with adhesive or bookbinding glue.
7. Trim the 4.5x10" Black strip horizontally at 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1" to create ten 1x4.5" binding strips.
8. Trim the 12x12 Dk. Gray at 8 and 4". Cut each 4x12 horizontally at 9, 6 and 3".
9. Trim the 12x12 White cutapart into sections as indicated by the artwork.
10. Slide one mountain fold of the accordion spine into the slit on one White page from the outside to the inside.
11. Insert one Black binding strip into the accordion pleat to secure it to the page. Repeat to insert all pages onto the spine.
12. Adhere the 1" tabs at each end onto the outside covers of the book with adhesive or bookbinding glue.
13. Center a 3x4" Dk. Gray panel on the front and back covers.
14. Adhere a 3x4" Dk. Gray panel to the accordion pleat on each page, centered left to right and top to bottom.
15. Decorate the book with the printed cutaparts, and make another!
Finally, add photos, and you've got yourself a mini masterpiece!