Ascending Autograph Book with Quad Prints
My daughter has a high school friend moving to a different state. This autograph book will give all of her friends an opportunity to handwrite a special heartfelt message inside.
The darling little book measures 2.75x4.25" when closed.
Ascending Autograph Book Assembly Instructions
1. Cut and separate two 8.5x11" Quad Prints into fourths.
2. Trim, score and fold each print as follows:
(1) 2.25x4.25" Splatter Print: Score and fold vertically at .75".
(1) 2.5x4.25" Splatter Print: Score and fold vertically at 1.25" (in half).
(1) 3.25x4.25" Swirl Print: Score and fold vertically at 1.5".
(1) 3.5x4.25" Swirl Print: Score and fold vertically at 1.75" (in half).
(1) 4.25x4.25" Star Flower Print: Score and fold at 2".
(1) 4.5x4.25" Star Flower Print: Score and fold horizontally at 2.25" (in half).
(1) 5.25x4.25" Leaf Print: Score and fold horizontally at 2.5".
(1) 5.5x4.25" Leaf Print: Score and fold horizontally at 2.75" (in half).
3. Place one folded page into a stitching cradle and pierce holes at 1/2, 7/8, 1-1/2, 2-3/4, 3-3/8 and 3-3/4". Using the first page as a template, pierce holes into the folds of the remaining pages.
4. Stack pages in ascending order and cut a 40" length of black wax linen thread.
5. Starting with the smallest page, kettle stitch the pages together. Need a visual reminder of this bookbinding technique? Watch Tricia's video for a refresher course.
6. Add .5x1.5" stabilizing strips under each long stitch.
7. Trim thread tails short enough to be hidden under mats or panels. Adhere the stabilizing strips to the front and back pages.
8. Add a 7/8 x 4-1/4" Green stamped panel to the narrow front page.
9. Adhere a 2.5x4" Black panel to back page.
10. Embellish the pages with folded, layered punched circles.
Completed Ascending Autograph Book
Secure the book closed with a binder clip which cleverly doubles as a spot for a journaling pen!
I hope you enjoyed learning about another fun way to use our Quad Prints. If you're not a member of Club Stamp and receiving these beauties every month, we can sign you up!