I was asked to share a few of the cards and projects I made recently using the Galaxy Collection. All of the papers are gathered from the Page kit. However, the embellishments are a mix of elements from both the Page and Card kits.
Galaxy Folio* with Four Cards
This set of cards was created using a card making formula from Idea Deck 5. The 4 of Hearts formula transforms three 12x12 and one 8.5x11 into four A2 cards.
To begin, gather one each of 12x12 Black Metallic, Blue Plain, Purple Plain. Trim one Teal Plain to 8.5x11 before following the remaining trimming instructions.
*Use the Let It Bee Card Kit instructions as a guide to build the card folio.
Read on to learn more about each of the four cards.
Follow Your Dreams
- Create background panel using Distress Oxide Inks blended with water. Add drops of water to "lift" some of the color from the background. Allow to dry.
- Stamp and heat-emboss the "Follow your dreams" sentiment (from the Galaxy stamp sheet) with white embossing powder.
- Embellish bottom of cutapart mat with White Thin Line Dazzles.
- Finish the card by adding a few Silver Star Dazzles (Firecracker 06.19) stickers.
You're Never Too Old
- Create background panel by blending Distress Oxide Inks with ink applicator brushes. Add a few drops of water.
- Stamp starburst image using white pigment ink in a circular pattern that "falls off" the edge of the purple panel. Use watermark ink to add tiny star background to entire purple panel. Spritz with white Stipple Mist and let dry.
- Stamp and heat-emboss the sentiment.
- Embellish with a White Puffy Star (Fairytale Page Kit 09.21) adhered using Bookbinding Glue.
- Create the background panel using Distress Oxide Inks blended with water. Add additional drops of water for added visual texture. Once dry, stamp circle image using watermark ink; heat-emboss with white EP.
- Stamp and heat-emboss the "Shine brightly" sentiment.
- Embellish with a White Puffy Star (Fairytale Page Kit 09.21).
- Create background panel by blending Distress Oxide Inks with ink applicator brushes. Add droplets of water to activate inks. Stamp the tiny star background using watermark ink; heat-emboss with white EP.
- Stamp circle image onto small blue panel with watermark ink; heat-emboss with white EP.
- Stamp and heat-emboss sentiment.
- Apply star to center of circle image using Bookbinding Glue.
Coffee or Tea?
If you're looking for perfect last-minute hostess gifts, consider one of these two pretty and practical handmade options.
Purchase and download the 4x4 K-Cup Gift Box instructions. Select two 12x12 papers and follow the cutting diagrams to create a 4x4" lidded box that holds four K-Cups.
Tea Bag Dispenser
This clever and useful project may be from 2014, but it is truly timeless! Visit Tricia's blog post for details on how to create a tea bag dispenser using paper and mat board scraps.
I hope my cards and projects have inspired you to grab your own Galaxy kit and get creating! Whether you follow Tricia's instructions or do your own thing, the sky's the limit!